Soup for the soul
The East Coast for the most part has been nothing but a roller coaster weather wise. From being frigidly cold to pipping hell hot, did I mention this was all in one single week!! With the constant change of weather accompanied by a series of infectious molecules flying in the air gives the notion of flu like symptoms. So when the season changes your body is forced to re adapt which compromises the immune system, making you more vulnerable to infections and viruses.
Below is a recipe in which will be a great immune booster and also very filling. Bon Appetite!!
Cabbage And Chicken Soup
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 medium size tomatoes peeled and chopped
- 1 cup finely shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diced cooked chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large soup pot, combine water, chicken broth, crushed bouillon cubes, tomatoes, carrots, celery, onions, cabbage and chicken, mix thoroughly. Bring mixture to boil. Cover pot, reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes of simmering add salt, pepper, thyme, basil and bay leaf. Simmer for an additional 10 minutes and soup is ready to eat. Remove bay leaf before serving.
This recipe provided courtesy of http://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/