The Taste of the Caribbean event was being showcased at The Hyatt Regency Miami, on June 20th-24th 2012 with all chefs from the Caribbean competing for their native homeland. This event was one event not to be missed, besides the delicious plates offered under one roof, The Taste of the Caribbean conducted seminars, educating and inspiring ones passion for the culinary arts .
Following are all of the honors bestowed at Taste of the Caribbean:
- Caribbean Culinary Team of the Year, sponsored by U.S. Dairy Export Council: presented to the Puerto Rico Culinary Team
- Caribbean Chef of the Year, sponsored by Sysco: presented to Devon Joseph, Trinidad & Tobago
- Caribbean Pastry Chef of the Year, sponsored by Albert Uster Imports: presented to Pablo Colon, Puerto Rico
- Caribbean Bartender of the Year: presented to Jamaal Bowen, Barbados
- Caribbean Junior Chef of the Year: presented to Isaiah Connel, Trinidad & Tobago
- Hans Schenk Commemorative Award for the Most Innovative Menu: presented to the Barbados Culinary Team
- Best Use of Chocolate, sponsored by Albert Uster Imports: presented to Dulish Perera, St. Lucia, for Wild Almond Brownie with dark chocolate mousse
- Most Innovative Dish: presented to Jouvens Jean, Haiti
- Most Creative Bartender: presented to Daniyel Jones, Trinidad & Tobago
- Most Creative Rum Drink: presented to Daniyel Jones, Trinidad & Tobago
- Most Creative Vodka Drink: presented to Daniyel Jones, Trinidad & Tobago
- Most Creative Non-Alcoholic Drink: presented to Roberto Rodriguez, Puerto Rico
- Best Team for Taste of the Islands: presented to Haiti Culinary Team
- The Spirit of the Competition: presented to the Anguilla Culinary Team
Certified Angus Beef Competition sponsored by Certified Angus Beef®
- Best Use of Certified Angus Beef: presented to Joel Rodriguez, Puerto Rico
- Gold Medals: Joel Rodriguez, Puerto Rico
- Silver Medals: Kenneth Molyneaux, British Virgin Islands; Garcia Brown, Jamaica and Charron McKenzie, Bahamas
- Bronze Medals: Shurandy Carolie, Curacao; Odeen Martin, St. Lucia; Darren Connor, Anguilla; Arnold Jupiter, Trinidad & Tobago and Negust Kaza, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Honorary Mention: Christine Dupoux, Haiti and Wilwore Jordan, Barbados
Caribbean Cheese Competition sponsored by U.S. Dairy Export Council
- Best Use of Cheese: presented to Emmerly Gerald, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Gold Medals: Emmerly Gerald, St. Lucia
- Silver Medals: Devon Joseph, Trinidad & Tobago; Gary Goolrachan, U.S. Virgin Islands and Carlos Anthonij, Curacao
- Bronze Medals: Brian Lumley, Jamaica; Kevin Pratt, Bahamas; Tanya Malone, British Virgin Islands; Jonathan Hughes, Anguilla and Angel Santiago, Puerto Rico
- Honorable Mentions: Ron Duprat, Haiti and Nathan Chrichlow, Barbados
BoulderShares LLC contributed $2,000 to be donated to the charity of choice of the Best Use of Seafood Prize Winner.
- Best Use of Seafood: presented to Jouvens Jean, Haiti
- Gold Medals: Jouvens Jean, Haiti and Dennis Vanterpool, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Silver Medals: Rensley de Jongh, Curacao; Kenneth Whittington, Barbados; Shanique Bodie, Bahamas; Imran Ashton, British Virgin Islands; Dadrian Cooke, Jamaica and Joel Rodriguez, Puerto Rico
- Bronze Medals: Delroy Fred, St. Lucia; Claudio Gumbs, Anguilla and Trinidad & Tobago
Caribbean Chef Medal Presentations sponsored by Sysco
- Gold Medals: Devon Joseph, Trinidad & Tobago; Justin Hughes, Anguilla and Elijah Jules, St. Lucia
- Silver Medals Vicky Coles, Haiti; Jamal Small, Bahamas; Kenneth Molyneaux, British Virgin Islands; Angel Santiago, Puerto Rico and Negust Kaza, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Bronze Medals: Carlos Anthonij, Curacao; Randie Anderson, Jamaica and Henderson Butcher, Barbados
Caribbean Junior Chef Medal Presentations
- Gold Medals: Isaiah Connel, Trinidad & Tobago; Julio Lamberty, Puerto Rico
- Silver Medals: Kyle Boursiquot, Haiti; Dwayne Sinclair, Bahamas; Keulys Enrique Gonzalez; Javon Cummins, Barbados and Paulyn Eugene, St. Lucia
- Bronze Medals: Aisheron Phillips, Curacao; Mikhala Bagot, British Virgin Islands; Joseph Hodge, Anguilla and Shaneica Case, Jamaica
Caribbean Pastry Chef Medal Presentations sponsored by Albert Uster Imports
- Gold Medals: Pablo Colon, Puerto Rico and Eric Burrell, U.S. Virgin Islands
- Silver Medals: Lincoln Peterkin, Jamaica; Dulish Perera, St. Lucia; Carlos Anthonij, Curacao; Kendell Mulzac, Trinidad & Tobago; Shirmel Gumbs, Anguilla; Wenzel Brown, Bahamas and Valery Abrahan, Haiti
- Bronze Medals: Ansony Salmon, British Virgin Islands and Janelle Crawford, Barbados
Caribbean Bartender Medal Presentations
- Gold Medal: Jamaal Bowen, Barbados and Daniyel Jones, Trinidad & Tobago
- Silver Medals: Gonzalo Placencia Perez, Curacao and Roberto Rodriguez, Puerto Rico
- Bronze Medal: Henry Prince, British Virgin Islands; Gerald Knowles, Bahamas; Michou Angus, Haiti; Melissa Fletcher, Jamaica; Taffy Hodge, Anguilla; Algernon Boston, U.S. Virgin Islands and Barkus Henry, St. Lucia
Caribbean Ice Carving Medal Presentation
- Gold Medal & Ice Carver of the Year: Randie Anderson, Jamaica.
- Silver Medal: Imran Ashton, British Virgin Islands.
- Bronze Medal: Ancillemo Solomon, Bahamas.
Caribbean Team Medal Presentations sponsored by U.S. Dairy Export Council
- Gold Medals: Puerto Rico Culinary Team and Trinidad & Tobago Culinary Team.
- Silver Medals: Anguilla Culinary Team; Curacao Culinary Team; U.S. Virgin Islands Culinary Team; Haiti Culinary Team; Barbados Culinary Team.
- Bronze Medals: Jamaica Culinary Team; Bahamas Culinary Team; British Virgin Islands Culinary Team and St. Lucia Culinary Team.