- 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 3 tablespoons Coffee Liqueur, such as Tia Maria or Kahlua
- ¼ cup Sweetened condensed milk
- 1 8-ounce Cool Whip
- 1 18.25-ounce Box of white cake mix
- ½ cup Confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ cup Hot brewed coffee
- 1 tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 8-ounce Package of Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup Unsalted butter, softened (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- White Chocolate liqueur, such as Godiva
- 2 cups Confectioners’ sugar
- Dark Chocolate Shavings, for garnish
In a large bowl and using a handheld mixer set on medium speed, beat together the mascarpone, coffee liqueur, and condensed milk until smooth and blended. Using a rubber spatula, fold in the Cool Whip. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 6 hours.
Bake the cupcakes according to the cake mix package directions. Let cook on a wire cooling rack.
In a medium bowl, stir the confectioners’ sugar into the hot coffee until the sugar dissolves. Stir in the vanilla.frosting in a large bowl and using a handheld mixer set on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and butter for 2 to 3 minutes, until light and fluffy.
Mix in the vanilla and chocolate liqueur. With the mixer on low speed, slowly add the confectioners’ sugar to the frosting until it reaches a spreadable consistency.
Using a fork, pierce the cupcakes several times and brush each one liberally with the sweetened coffee.
Spoon the mascarpone mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a plain tip and inject small amounts directly into the center of each cupcake. The best way to do this is to insert the pastry tip into the top of the cupcake.
Using a spatula, frost the cupcakes liberally with the frosting and garnish with chocolate shavings.
Courtesy of “The Next Food Network Star” season 4 winner and host of “Big Daddy’s House” Aaron McCargo Jr “Simply Done, Well Done” cookbook.