Halloween is just around the corner and you’ve come to the conclusion you want to join the festivities and have an upscale adult Halloween party.Invitations mailed..check, purchased your nurse costume..check, decorations are set up..check. Everything is in place but the food!! What will you do?? You’re in luck! Here’s a recipe that will Boo your party Goons,Goblins and make your party a hit.
This Recipe calls for:
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
MAPLE WHIPPED CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Chopped pecans, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat until smooth. Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; trim and flute edges. Pour filling into crust.
- Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°. Bake 45-50 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and top of pie is set (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent over-browning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream, confectioners’ sugar, syrup and pumpkin pie spice until stiff peaks form. Pipe or dollop onto pie. Sprinkle with pecans if desired.
Yield: 8 servings.
Courtesy of Taste of Home October/November 2007 issue
*If you have a book,recipe,business in the culinary industry, you ‘d like us to feature please send ALL inquires to Nadege.firstname.lastname@example.org*